What is the Nakoudo?
In japan, matchmaker is called a "nakoudo". That is the person who makes the relationship between the person and the person. In particular it refers to a person who mediates the marriage between man and woman.
Matchmaker (=Nakoudo), become a witness of marriage at the ceremony, as the betrothal and wedding.
|The Nakoudo (go-between) is a mianing of person who contract a marriage of both houses.|
(1)The go-between has the following roles.
|1) The presence of the will to marry is confirmed about each man and woman.|
2) The go-between checks each man and woman’s economic conditions.
3) The go-between checks each man and woman’s health conditions.
4) The go-between hears the hope matters about the marriage from each man and woman.
5) They ingroduces the candidate to the man and woman who is hoping for the meeting with a view to marriage.
6) When the mutual agreement of both houses is obtained, the go-between arranges the place and the time of the meeting.
7) On that day of the meeting with a view to marriage, the go-between introduces each man and woman, and matchmaker leads the meeting.
8) When the will to marry can be confirmed after the meeting of both man and woman, the matchmaker does acting as go-between of the wedding.
9)Thus, this married couple and go-between’s association will continue through life.
(4) The answer will be told to the go-between within one week.
|The go-between tells each answer to both houses. |
And the matchmaker plays an important role to watch the association of two people in the future.